Symphony West is in need of a Concertmaster for the upcoming season. Auditions will be scheduled for Tuesday, August 29, 2017 beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the classroom wing of Saint Clarence Church, 30106 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070.
This is an unpaid, voluntary position.
Qualifications and Requirements for Concertmaster with Symphony West:
- Extensive violin training with private teachers
- 20 years public performing experience on violin
- 12 years orchestral experience as a member of first violin sections
- College degree preferred but not required
- Must set a strong example of musicianship and leadership
- Availability to attend ALL Tuesday evening rehearsals and 3 Friday evening concerts (Dec. 15 , March 9, and May 18) during the 2017-18 season.
- Exposition section of any violin concerto from the standard 18th- and 19th-century repertoire
- Orchestral excerpts: any 3 from Brahms, Beethoven, Wagner, Dvorak, Copeland, Bernstein
- Sight-reading and chromatic scale.
Send a one-page resume for consideration by August 21 to Kristin Smeltzer, Corresponding Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your resume must include your telephone number and your valid email address.